Effective date: March 1, 2020
Sarah Lea & Alicia Power (collectively doing business as “She Found Health”, and referred to as “we” or our”) respect the privacy concerns of the users of their website, www.shefoundhealth.ca and the services provided therein (the “Site”).
- Personal Information
PIPA describes “Personal Information” as information about identifiable individuals such as name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, age, gender, health information, credit card information and date of birth. Personal information does not include business information, such as a business name, title or telephone number.
- Collection of Personal Information
Personal information we collect through the Site is generally limited to information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you sign up for a membership account or mailing list, or when you purchase a course or other services offered by us through the Site. This information may include your name, email address and any health information you choose to share.
- Use of Personal Information
She Found Health collects your Personal Information so that we can:
- provide you with general information and materials referenced on our Site;
- process and deliver products or services that you have ordered from us, such as course materials that you have purchased;
- develop and maintain our relationship with you and communicate with you;
- register you for events that you have signed up for;
- register you for, and facilitate your participation in, certain areas of our Site or other third-party websites, including online bulletin boards, discussions, groups or message forums;
- advise you about new products and services that may be of interest to you (please note that in accordance with Canada’s anti-spam legislation, you can choose not to receive any electronic marketing communications from us by clicking the “opt out” function contained in all She Found Health electronic communications. You may choose not to receive any direct mail from us by contacting our Privacy Officer as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below); and
- make such other uses as may be permitted or required by applicable law.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
We will only disclosure your Personal Information for purposes related to our services and with your consent, except where, as noted below, we are authorized to do so without consent.
We may collect, use or disclose Personal Information without the user’s knowledge or consent in the following limited circumstances:
- when the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information is permitted or required by law;
- to our professional advisors, independent contractors or other service-providers who have (i) agreed to hold this information in confidence and (ii) not use it for any purpose except to carry out the services they are providing to us;
- to third-parties as part of a merger or re-organization (before or after such transaction). If the transaction is completed, we will require the third-party to provide a comparable level of protection for your Personal Information. If the transaction is not completed, we will require the third-party to destroy or return to us any records containing your Personal Information;
- when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with She Found Health’s rights or property, other users of the Site, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
- Consent to Collection, Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
We generally obtain your consent prior to collecting, and in any case, prior to using or disclosing your Personal Information for any purpose. You may provide your express consent to us either electronically, orally or in writing. You may also consent to She Found Health’s collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information by voluntarily providing us with Personal Information through a clear, affirmative action (e.g. by signing up for a mailing list, participating in a survey, etc.). We may also rely on your implied consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information where implied consent is permitted under applicable law.
Subject to certain exceptions, users can withhold or withdraw their consent to the use of Personal Information. For example, if you have agreed to receive marketing communications, you may always opt out at a later date. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact our Privacy Officer (see the “Contact Us” section below). Please note, however, that withdrawing consent may affect your ability to access and use the Site or our services.
Some areas or features of our Site and third-party sites you may be directed to (such as forums, groups or events) may permit you to voluntarily disclose other Personal Information. Users should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., name, e-mail address, phone number) in these areas, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other people. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. Please take care when using these features.
- Storage and Transfer of Personal Information
Our site and various information we collect are operated on servers located in various jurisdictions, including the United States. Where any of your Personal Information is stored outside of Canada, it will be subject to the legal requirements of the applicable foreign jurisdiction, including local requirements to disclose information to courts, law enforcement and national security authorities.
Please note that while we use appropriate measures and follow industry standards for the protection of information, no method of transmitting or storing information is completely secure and there is always a risk that it may be lost, intercepted or misused. By transmitting any such information to She Found Health, you accept that you do so at your own risk.
- Updating and Accessing Personal Information
You may ask for access to any information that we hold about you. You may also ask how we collect that information, how we are using it and to whom we have disclosed it. Your request for access must be in writing and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge your request in writing and may request that you provide us with information to allow us to confirm your identity before providing you with the information that you have requested.
Access will generally be provided free of charge, however, if you request that information be copied or transmitted, we may charge a reasonable fee (which you will be notified of in advance and be given the opportunity to amend or withdraw your request). We will provide you with access to your information without 30 days of our receipt of your request, or provide written notice that additional time is required to comply with your request.
In some circumstances we may be unable to provide access to some or all of the information we hold about you. If we are unable or not permitted by law to provide you with access, we will provide you with an explanation and indicate further steps which are available to you.
You may submit written requests to us to correct errors or omissions in your personal information that is in our custody or control. If your request is reasonable, we will correct the information and send it to any organization the information was disclosed to during the year before the date the correction was made. If we are not satisfied that your request is reasonable, we will annotate the information noting that a correction was requested but not made.
- Privacy Policies of Third-Party Sites
- Contact Us